Bible In 90 Days – Day 59
Reading: Lamentations 1:1 – Ezekiel 12:20
- Fierce 2:3. Fierce: “violent in force, intensity, etc.” I think sometimes we forget that the God we sin against has this type of hatred for sin. Praise His name that he doesn’t hate us…He hates our sin. Imagine the fierce anger with sin that sent His only Son to die in our place. FIERCE LOVE!
- Responsive Trust. 3:22-24. How can the writer say “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.”? The statement about His great love, compassion, and faithfulness are from a heart that has experienced them and heard about them in the lives of ancestors of old. How can we say this? The same way – we’ve probably experienced them and heard about them in the lives of those we know. It is easy to forget these testimonies in the midst of trials, but we must cling to the TRUTH of God’s unchanging character! THANK YOU GOD!!
- Thankfully Different Now. 3:39-42. As I read this passage, i was doing fine until the final four words in verse 42. Praise God this is not true of my sins that I confess to God: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9.
- Thankfully Different Now – Too!. Ezekiel 7:3-4. Another passage to be thankful that it is not true under God’s new covenant: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.” John 3:16-18.
- Secrets. Ezekiel 8:7-13. When I read this passage, I was convicted of the “secrets” I keep from God. Foolish me – He knows and sees all – nothing is hidden from Him. Confession + repentance = forgiveness. Feeling bad isn’t enough…
Bible In 90 Days – Day 60
Reading: Ezekiel12:s1 – Ezekiel 23:49
- Whitewash. Ezekiel 13:10. I pray that I would be immediately convicted if I whitewash the way things truly are with people I love and lead. God, give me the wisdom, discernment, grace, and boldness in this area.
- Just. Ezekiel in general. As I read this, the language and wrath of God seems harsh. But – God is just. Sometimes my “justice” is far off from His.
- He uses ALL. Ezekiel 21. Just another reminder that God can use ANYONE for His purposes – Babylon in this case. Whenever I read a passage about this, I am reminded of what Jesus said to Pilate in John 19:
10“Do you refuse to speak to me?” Pilate said. “Don’t you realize I have power either to free you or to crucify you?”
11Jesus answered, “You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin.”