I did my normal, early morning run today, just in a different venue (since I’m on a quick biz trip): The Vegas Strip
I headed out at 0430, so there weren’t too many people out during my 6.3, out and back. I saw more people toward the end of my run and about ten other runners in total.
I did hear a few “peanut gallery” comments:
- The first was as I ran pedestrian stair #7 of 18: “Run <expletive>, run!” – to which I politely waved.
- The next was from an obviously intoxicated woman whom another runner had just passed: “You runners are freakin’ crazy!” – to which I replied, “Yup!”
- The final one, and my fav, was from a homeless guy sitting in front of the Imperial Casino: “HEY! How ’bout a ride?” – to which I had no response…
All in all, it was a nice, quiet run. The Strip is surprisingly peaceful between 0430 and 0530. So different from the stroll I took the evening before.
If you’re a runner, what’s the most interesting or hilarious peanut gallery comment you’ve heard?
Training Journal – 4/3/12:
- Current plan: 10-Miler Training
- Today’s session: 6 mile easy run @ 9:40
- Comments: I did 6.3 @ 9:16, which included running 9 sets of pedestrian bridge stairs – which was an added workout.