With Big Sur coming and it most likely being cold and windy along the coast, I’ve been considering on my options to stay warm. I thought about wearing a long-sleeve shirt, but don’t want to get too warm. Arm warmers seem like a good possibility – one that i’ve seen others use. They can be removed when I get warm and stashed in my waistband.
So, last night, I made a test pair out of an old pair of tube socks and wore them one this morning’s run. I really liked them and they seem like a great option. A few discoveries:
- arm warmers – gloves ≠ warm runner … at least not this morning. It was about 45 degrees with a 12mph wind this morning and my hands were CCCOLD! I think I will wear my light gloves tomorrow to test further…
- I’ll buy a pair of arm warmers rather than wearing my tube sock versions. My homemade ones frayed pretty bad and probably don’t wick well…
Do you wear arm warmers? What is your take on them?
Training Journal – 4/16/13:
- Current plan: Big Sur Marathon Training Plan – W17D2 (Taper week 2)
- Today’s session: 4 mile easy run @ 8:27-9:28 pace
- Comments: I did 4.56 @ 8:28