At lunch, I checked to see if any pictures had been uploaded from Sunday’s Big Sur Marathon. The header of my page caught my eye…it really put the past 19 months into perspective!
- 9/2011: Off da Couch
- 11/2011: My first 5K (Big Sur PG Lighthouse 5K)
- 11/2012: Half Marathon #8 (Big Sur Half on MB)
- 4/2013: Marathon #2 (BSIM)
In my post yesterday, I wrote, “I’m happy with my time: 3:59:45 @ 9:09 pace.”
Full disclosure: I lied.
I should have said that I was OK with my time…but that’s just me…racing against myself…knowing what I coulda done.
Still, I am hugely satisfied (SUB-FOUR, BABY!), and will certainly reflect that in my race report (probably posted tomorrow.) It’s just the post-race, “if I had only” or “If I hadn’t of” thoughts that have been running through my mind. I know they’re common though, so I’m sure I am in good company…
ONWARD & GIDDY-UP!
Training Journal – 4/30/13:
- Current plan: Big Sur Marathon Recovery Week / Horseshoe Lake 50K Training Plan
- Today’s session: 4 mile easy run
- Comments: I did 4.25 @ 8:36. Not “easy”, but it did feel good. We’ll see how things go tomorrow!