- Set a new 10K PR at the Silicon Valley Turkey Trot – by 1:16! Race report coming later this week.
- Did a nice, 9-mile, recovery trail run on Friday.
- Had an awesome lunch date with my wife on Friday…then did some Black Friday shopping: online and at a couple of brick and mortars.
- Slept in on Saturday and rested…aaaand did a bit more shopping.
- Enjoyed a very nice 13-mile tempo road run this morning.
- Had pancakes three times over the four days!
- Ate a total of five pieces of pumpkin pie!
- Renewed my love for Starbucks’ Birthday Cake Pops by partaking in two over the course of the four days…
- Best of all, no net weight gain as of this AM – BOOYAH!
I needed this weekend…this coming week will be tough for my wife, mother-in-law, and me. I’m ready for it to be over already…
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Holiday!
Training Journal – 12/1/13:
- Current plan: ZRQL Marathon Training Plan – Taper Week 1 of 3
- Today’s session: 12-mile long run
- Comments: I did 13.4 miles @ 8:11 avg pace, & a run time of 1:49:52 [Strava]
- Weekly mileage: Running: 37.6 / Bicycling: 22.5 – Total: 60.1