Well, my two-week vacation ends today…boohoo.
So, I decided to cap it with a trail run this morning, doing what I call the “griffin” course up in Alum Rock Park – dubbed that since I think it resembles a griffin. [STRAVA] (Not to be confused with the “sea monster” course.) You’ll notice a weird line on the griffin’s wing. I forgot to restart the watch after I stopped to take a picture of some deer…which cost me at least a mile on my tracking…and messed up my “griffin” picture!
Since this was my final run for the vacation, I took it slow and enjoyed the run and the sights:
All in all, it was a nice break from work. I rested a bit, did some work at the house (though not as much as I’d hoped too), and ate out a lot. As far as training for the two weeks:
- Miles Run: 115 (56 on week one, 59 on week two)
- Days Run: 13 of 15 total days off
- Miles Riding: 0 (I planned to ride once, but didn’t make it (rested instead) Since I prefer to ride early in the AM when traffic is low, I focused on running…)
- Races: Two half marathons – Brazen New Year’s Eve (Almost) and Brazen New Years Day. Race reports coming this week.
- Weight: Started and ended the two weeks at the same weight! BOOYAH! (oh, and I had pancakes a total of 8 times – yummo!)
If you are also just going back to work, school, or just a “non-vaca” mode tomorrow…take’r slow and ease back into the busy life!