What a wonderful week on the Big Island. So many memories:
- Lazy days by the ocean, pool, and lagoon
- Mai Tais
- A trip to Akaka Falls
- A trip to the Kīlauea Volcano with day and night views of Halema’uma’u Crater
- Shopping in Kona, Hawi, Waikoloa, and many more locations.
- A trip to the northern region of the Island, taking in the tropical side of the Island
- 37.26 miles on the run log, the longest being a nice 13.1 run around Waikoloa Resort
- Read through and chewed on four of the Pauline Letters (“Go Eat PopCorn!”)
- Started reading and digesting Hal Higdon’s, Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide
- Several great meals – notables being: Ken’s House of Pancakes, Hawaiian Style Cafe, Kirin Restaurant at our resort, and Eddie Aikau Restaurant and Surf Museum
- Tried paddle boarding – and didn’t fall in or make a fool of myself in front of e beach full of people!
- Enjoyed a great luau with my wahine!
- Watched the whales – even saw a couple jump out of the water.
- And probably a bunch of other stuff that just doesn’t come to mind as we’re flying back home…
But most of all, I enjoyed spending time with my wonderful wife and starting our 26th year of marriage.
So it’s back to work on Monday – gotta start replenishing the bank for the next vacation!
Training Journal – 1/27/12:
- Current plan: 10K Training
- Today’s session: Rest
- Comments: Nada…just heading home from da Big Island.