On any given day, there are various sights and smells that I encounter while running. I experienced the “Collage of Scents” above on my run this morning. Most are self explanatory; but, clockwise from the upper left:
- It never fails, someone is either standing on their porch or driving by (like this morning), aaaand I get a whiff. Not knocking smokers, just don’t particularly like inhaling smoke while I’m huffin’ and a puffin’
- “Spare the Air” days or not, I smell at least two to three of these every morning without fail.
- Friday is garbage day… ADDED BONUS: Sometimes I even get a whiff of a garbage truck too!!
- It’s spring and Jasmine’s in the air! Along with a bunch other blooms that are enjoyable AND tough on allergies.
- My 5-mile route goes by a donut shop. I’ve yet to stop in. One day I will.
- If you have a dog, you know probably what this if for. A few houses in my neighborhood have dogs and don’t… I can only imagine what the smell would be like without the benefit of a 6-foot tall vapor barrier/fence.
- Quite a few people dry their laundry at 0430 in my neighborhood. Fortuitously, sometimes this scent counteracts the garbage day or pooperscooperless-household scents.
- Even with California’s emissions control program, I get this. Oh wait, it’s a diesel. It’s safe for the environment and my lungs!
- This one’s is a tough one to be critical about. It mostly results in jealous thoughts, a stomach growl, and possibly a faster pace to leave the area quicker.
Have a great weekend!
Training Journal – 3/30/12:
- Current plan: 10-Miler Training
- Today’s session: 5 mile easy run @ 9:40
- Comments: Nice morning! 5.24 @8:53