February was another great month of training! Road running pretty much dominated the mix at 75%, with trail running at 8%, and bicycling at 17%. Our lives are still churning after my Father-in-law’s passing last December and my Mother-in-Law had some health issues this month as well. Running seems to be my therapy right now.
The high point of the training month was gritting out a new half marathon PR (1:44:45) at the KP San Francisco Half Marathon by 2:36 – BOOYAH!
As far as new equipment, none this month – though I did try the lemon flavor of GU Chomps and like them.
With Big Sur less than two months away, I’ve started some focused training (including a Hurricane Point sim) and have made some pacing goal refinements (using a great BSIM-specific spreadsheet from mymarathonpace.com.)
Anyway, here are the stats for the month that was February 2013:
Running [21 sessions]
- Total: 162.69 [-9.62 from January]
- Shortest run: 2.47 [-2.33 from January]
- Longest run: 17.1 [+2.81 from January]
- YTD: 335
- Overall Avg: 8:29 [+:06 from January]
- Slowest Avg: 10:49 [+0:44 from January]
- Fastest Avg: 8:00 [+:14 from January]
- YTD Avg: 8:26
Total Running Time:
- 24.31 hours or 1,414 minutes [-45:00 from January]
- YTD: 47.88 hours or 2,872.83 minutes
Cycling [2 sessions]
- 32.68 miles [-15.6 from January]
- YTD: 80.96
- Avg. of 15.3 mph [-0.4 from January]
- YTD Avg: 15.5 mph
Total Cycling Time:
- 2.14 hours or 128 minutes [-56:00 from January]
- YTD: 5.21 hours or 313 minutes
- 18-week program for the Big Sur Marathon on April 28th. The program is basically Hal Higdon’s Intermediate 2 Marathon Training Guide with customization for planned travel and home life. Pacing for my plan is calculated using my half marathon PR, the McMillan Running Calculator, and selecting a pace in the middle of the resulting “Optimal Training Paces” for the various workouts. I did revise the plan mid-month using the marathonpace.com spreadsheet for Big Sur. On the plan, Monday is a 60 to 80-minute cycling session to add some cross training.
- Consumed: 99,281 [-5,562 from January]
- Burned: 20,957 [-1,887 from January]
- YTD: C: 204,124 / B: 43,801
- 2/3: Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon [report]
- YTD Race Count: 2
- 5k: 0
- 10k: 0
- Half Marathon: 2
- Marathon: 0
- Other: 0
Training Journal – 3/1/13:
- Current plan: Big Sur Marathon Training Plan – W10/D5
- Today’s session: 9 mile pace run @ 8:49 pace
- Comments: I did 9.31 @ 8:33…I thought about 8:49, but it didn’t happen.