Whew, today was a FULL day…
I’m on a biz trip to the DC area and:
- Did the “local” thing and took the DC METRO to my meeting in downtown WDC
- Swung by our DC office and spent some time there
- Drove out to another part of VA for a few meetings tomorrow
- Went for a late afternoon trail run in Prince William Forrest Park. [Miss K scolded me for this!]
For the run, it was warm and humid, so I just took took my time and ran, fast walked, and hiked the ten miles. I’ve never been to the area, so running in the Park was a nice change from running along the local roads (which is my usual option, since I avoid treadmills.)
Aside from the nice scenery, my IT band did not protest AT ALL TODAY! It may have been that I’ve been working it with my Travel Stick, which I usually bring with me on trips…but never seem to use. Maybe between the foam roller, The Stick, and stretching, I’ve found what works for now. I’m still doing the 3:1 run/walk ratio thing. Maybe once I have some consistent runs without IT band pain, I’ll try and go back to only running…but that will be a while.
Here’s some pictures I took on the run:
I got back to the hotel, showered, and headed to dinner at The Cracker Barrel – BOOYAH!!!
A FULL day indeed & can’t wait to go home!
Training Journal – 7/17/13:
- Current plan: Mix of running and biking right now
- Today’s session: Easy trail run
- Comments: I did an easy, easy, easy 10 miles @ 13:15 avg pace