These either hit my Inbox, were read, or were seen while fortuitously hopping around the Internet this past week:
For He chose us in him before the creation of the world…
– Paul, Ephesians 1:4
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
– Japanese Proverb
To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first.
– William Shakespeare, Henry VIII
Running is just you, the work you put in, and the clock. You can’t cheat yourself. If you don’t put in the miles, you can’t go to the starting line thinking you’re going to pull a miracle out of nowhere. You get out exactly as much as you put in.
– Desiree Davila
If we write our dreams and goals down, we dramatically increase our odds of realization. If we share them with others, they become potent and alive.
– Kristin Armstrong
“We run, not because we think it is doing us good, but because we enjoy it and cannot help ourselves.”
– Sir Roger Bannister
…all worth of being chewed upon and actions being taken.
- Remember that God loves and chose – even before I messed things up (which He knew would happen anyway)
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes or take risks, resolve to learn from them…and strive to not repeat the same mistake too many times!
- Train, train, train. Then: Improve, improve, improve. [don’t be satisfied with the “train” level]
- With running, nay with anything in life, don’t settle for GIGO.
- Make a list. Share it.
- Don’t forget the fun part of running…and life!
Training Journal – 1/13/12:
- Current plan: 10K Training
- Today’s session:
5 mile run
- Comments: Still a bit under the weather…so I followed my wife’s counsel and rested today.