Today’s post offers a glimpse into the mind of Dennis…
At lunch today, a woman in the salad bar queue next to me leaned toward me and quietly said, “There’s a spider in the spinach.” We chatted about it, laughed, and agreed that, in some countries, that wouldn’t necessarily be seen as a problem. I work at a pretty diverse place but, culinarily, it’s pretty conventional…no intentional placing of bugs in the food.
On my way back to my office, I started cracking up…the wheels were turning. That line sounded like something one might hear in a Pink Panther, Austin Powers, or James Bond movie. Oooo, maybe a line that would activate a spy or even invoke some action that was embedded in the mind of an unsuspecting, sleeper agent. yeah, the wheels were turning…
[boom camera lowers and pans to salad bar]
- MAN [to WOMAN who is behind him in salad bar queue]: Hello, isn’t this a wonderful salad bar?
- WOMAN [with straight face, no emotion]: Zere es a spider en ze spinach.
- MAN[pauses, puzzled look on face]: Excuse me?
- WOMAN [with straight face, no emotion]: Zeeeere es a spider en ze spinach.
- MAN [pauses, puzzled look on face]: Pardon?
- WOMAN [frustrated, but still with straight face, no emotion]: Zeeeere es a spiiiiderrrr en ze spiiiinaaaach.
- MAN [nods, raises an eyebrow, and, with “knowing” expression, points at man in corner with accordion]: I hear he is the musician and the monkey is a businessman.
- WOMAN [puzzled look]: Excuse me?
I know, active imagination…
BTW, I didn’t have any spinach, so it was all good.
Training Journal – 12/20/12:
- Current plan: Bay Trail Marathon Training Plan – Recovery Week 1
- Today’s session: 4 mile easy run @ 8:37-9:37 pace
- Comments: I did 4.79 @ 8:11