This was a different week:
- I was off work Monday for Memorial Day, so I went for a longer bike ride.
- Had my first ‘tip over’ on my bike. Nothing serious, I didn’t get my left foot out of the clip soon enough when I leaned to punch the crosswalk button. Only injury was pride…
- My knee was petty sore after my long run last Sunday and I probably shouldn’t have rode. It was more sore after ride…enough that I couldn’t disguise it anymore. (OK, running a 50K three weeks after a marathon with 88 miles run in between the two and 26 miles run & 51 miles biked after the 50k probably contributed.)
- I went to the doctor on Tuesday to see about my knee. He didn’t think there was any significant injury, but put me on R&R for 10 days.
- Did resistance band workouts for the rest of the week – I HATE THIS TYPE OF EXERCISE!
- With no running or riding, I’m fighting against my running-enabled eating diet. I’m tracking, but am up two pounds this week, which I’m not happy about. I’m allowing myself five pounds, which is manageable.
- After today, just four more days of rest. Hoping the knee heals – it does feel better. I’m looking forward to my test run on Friday – though I’ll admit, I am a bit nervous.
- Strategized my options for the San Francisco Marathon – 2nd Half, which I AM running on June 16. I think I’ve got a few viable plans, depending upon my knee.
- I’ve been pretty consumed at work with a big project. Oh, the joys of 11th hour challenges…
- Between work, life in general, and not being able to run, I’ve been generally grumpy and in a funk. Gotta snap outta it!
‘Training’ Journal – 6/2/13:
- Current plan: San Francisco Marathon – 2nd Half Training Plan
- Today’s session: Rest & recovery day 6/10
- Comments: nada
- Weekly mileage: Running: 0 / Bicycling: 25.07