This multisport thing is starting to grow on me. The aqua part of triathlon is still looming ominous though; so I’ve been looking at duathlons of late. I
think know triathlon will come, just need to figure out how and when…and then make it happen.
Anyway, back to duathlon… Instead of doing my usual, Friday BRick this morning, I did a home version/distance of a sprint duathlon that I’m looking at for early 2014: run 2 miles, bike 10 miles, run 2 miles. I’m actually leaning toward the international distance (10k run, 40k bike, 5k run); but, with only about 1:20 max in the morning for my workout, the shorter distance worked better.
It was fun and, for my first “Du”, went great:
- RUN 1: 2.0 miles @ 7:48 avg pace, avg cadence 96. TIME: 15:45 [Strava]
- TRANSITION: 2:35 min
- BIKE: 10.6 miles @ 18.6 mph avg, avg cadence 88. TIME: 34:09 [Strava]
- TRANSITION: 1:40 min
- RUN 2: 2.0 miles @ 7:31 avg pace, avg cadence 99. TIME: 15:12 [Strava]
- TOTALS: Distance: 14.6 miles, Time: 1:09:24
I’ve programmed Friday’s as BRick workouts on my training plans, but I think I may weave SprintDus in the schedule…just to break things up.
Have a great weekend – I know I plan to!
Training Journal – 9/27/13:
- Current plan: Foxy’s Fall Century Training Plan
- Today’s session:
10/4 BRick2/10/2 Short Du
- Comments: See above…