Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you;
he will never let the righteous be shaken.
– Psalm 55:22
I read this today…so many aspects to chew on:
- Cast: to throw or hurl. I like this – God doesn’t need us to gingerly surrender.
- On: so as to be attached to. Such a departure from the far away or unapproachable description that is so wrongly assigned to God. This is up close and personal!
- Will: not may or might!
- Never: a powerful state. We often throw this word around lightly…”you never” or “we never”
- Shaken: a difficult one. It’s quite possible that my definition of this word is different than God’s. Maybe I underestimate myself in comparison to what God sees me capable of handling.
Training Journal – 5/31/12:
- Current plan: Half-marathon program
- Today’s session: 6 mi Easy Run @ 9:19
- Comments: I did 6.5 @ 8:32. While running, I thought about the fact that I was supposed to be at a 9:19 pace. I know I need to practice that pace thing, but I get in the mode… Maybe I need to re-assess training pace.