I’ve been in Boulder, CO this week on a biz trip. Fortuitously, my hotel was right next to the Boulder’s Boulder Creek Path. So, prior to leaving on the trip, I mapped out a route: a nice, out-and-back, steady-climb, 10K.
This was my first time running at altitude as well. I could really tell the difference, but my pace and times were still pretty decent:
- 8/7: 6.54 miles @ 8:52 pace
- 8/8: 6.47 miles @ 8:50 pace
- 8/7: 6.36 miles @ 8:45 pace
Since I run at 0-dark-thirty, pictures aren’t possible – or really practical. So after my meeting let out today, I ran by one of the park areas to snap a couple of photos…and see what part of the Path looks like in the daylight! It was a nice area to run and I’m sure it even is nicer in the light – at least more scenic!
Oh, and I also did some souvenir shopping on the way to the airport…
Training Journal – 8/9/12:
- Current plan: Honolulu Marathon Training Plan
- Today’s session: 3 mile easy run @ 9:09
- Comments: I did 6.36 miles at 8:45