Ah November, back to a run-focused training plan and getting my run-base back. I do miss riding as much as I was during September and October, but I’m a runner and enjoyed this month’s training.
No business trips this month – which was AWESOME!
- HIGH: Two this month: I set a new 10K PR…by 1:16! I also did two trail runs!!
- LOW: I caught a cold at the beginning of the month, but I only needed to take two days off training. It held on for a while longer, but I kept going…
As far as new equipment & such, none this month. I did try a new snack bar this month, which came in my Stride Box. It’s called “That’s it.” and they are great. They only have two ingredients: “fruit and fruit!” (with apple being the consistent ingredient) and are 100 calories each. I have not tried all the flavors, but did order a sampler pack – so far, my fav is the apple and cherry. Check ’em out.
With that, here are the stats for the month that was November 2013.
- Back to a run-focused program in preparation for a December marathon. The plan is: riding on Mondays, running Tuesday-Thursday, doing a run/bike combination workout on Fridays, and a long run on Sundays. Saturday is usually a rest day, unless there is a race or a needed shakeout run.
- Race Count: Month: 2 / YTD: 13 / Lifetime: 39
- 5k: 0 / 0 / 7
- 10k: 1 / 1 / 3
- Half Marathon: 1 / 10 / 19
- Marathon: 0 / 1 / 2
- 50K: 0 / 1 / 1
- Other: 0 / 0 / 7
- Ride Count: Month: 0 / YTD: 1 / Lifetime: 1
- Century: 0 / 1 / 1
Training Journal – 12/3/13:
- Current plan: ZRQL Marathon Training Plan – Taper Week 2 of 3
- Today’s session: 5-mile run
- Comments: I did 6.2 miles @ 7:56 avg pace, avg cadence 97 & a run time of 49:24. [Strava]
If someone says a 1:16 PR in a 10K isn’t a big feat, they aren’t a runner. Congrats.
I dig the infographic, how do you create them?
Thanks – yeah, 1:16 doesn’t seem big to a non-runner…but it’s hard.
I’m no graphic artist…the infographic is done with PowerPoint and based on a few examples I’ve seen. There are inforgraphic engines online, but I couldn’t get it to do what I wanted, so I went old school.
Thanks for stopping by!
Wow, that infographic is from PowerPoint? Cool! And congratulations on your accomplishments!