Here are the stats for the month that was December 2011:
- Total: 99.99 [I now regret not running that extra block! Sheesh Dennis!]
- Shortest run: 3.07
- Longest run: 10.15
- Overall Avg: 9:26 [-:08 from Nov!]
- Slowest Avg: 10:43 [-:40 from Nov!]
- Fastest Avg: 8:18 [-:26 from Nov!]
Total Running Time:
- 15.9 hours or 956 minutes [+4.2 hrs or 251 mins from Nov!]
I had planned to start a new program called Bridge-to-10K on January 2, but decided to go ahead and form my own 10K training plan using the Runner’s World Smart Coach app. The actual start was on 12/17. The Bridge app seemed like a good one; but, given the fact that I had already been steadily running 5 miles straight, I couldn’t see myself going back to a program that started back with a run/walk/run regimen. I have read lots of good reviews on the Bridge app, so I’m sure it’s great. [I have been doing Galloway run/walk/run intervals on my long run Sundays, but those are longer than 10K…]
So, my current plan is about 20-25 miles a week: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. The weekday sessions range in distance from 3 to 6 miles, with the weekend sessions being the “long run” day at 7 to 11 miles. The plan also integrates Tempo Runs, Speed Runs, and I am adding some hill sessions as well.
All this culminates with my planned, first “official” 10K run on February 18th.
After that date, I plan to start a half marathon training program (also from the Runner’s World Smart Coach app) leading up to my planned, first “official” half marathon in July: the San Francisco Marathon – First Half.
- 12/10: Jingle Bell 5K Run/Walk for Arthritis [report]
- Time: 25:38 / 8:16 pace. [A personal best!]
- Overall: 139/711
- Men: 95/238
- Age Bracket: 15/53
- 12/31: Brazen Racing – New Year’s Eve Runs: 5K [report]
- Time: 28:48 / 9:17 pace.
- Overall: 49/339
- Men: 34/136
- Age Bracket: 6/18
- 1/15: The Bay Area Track Club’s Test Your Resolution Road 5k in San Francisco
Training Journal – 12/28/11:
- Current plan: 10K Training
- Today’s session: 5 mile run
- Comments: My “Jedi Master” mentioned the term “Negative Splits” recently. I gave it a try this morning, doing 9:07, 9:29, 9:21, 9:11, and 9:13 splits.