Well, my two-week vacation ends today…boohoo.
So, I decided to cap it with a trail run this morning, doing what I call the “griffin” course up in Alum Rock Park – dubbed that since I think it resembles a griffin. [STRAVA] (Not to be confused with the “sea monster” course.) You’ll notice a weird line on the griffin’s wing. I forgot to restart the watch after I stopped to take a picture of some deer…which cost me at least a mile on my tracking…and messed up my “griffin” picture!
Since this was my final run for the vacation, I took it slow and enjoyed the run and the sights:
Good morning Silicon Valley! (love that I can see my house from here…close enough to be “far away”!)
View of the SF Bay from Boccardo Peak
Here come da sun!
Light traffic this morning…
Lone deer watchin’ me
My treat once i got home…love the new flav!
Runnin’ to da sun!
All in all, it was a nice break from work. I rested a bit, did some work at the house (though not as much as I’d hoped too), and ate out a lot. As far as training for the two weeks:
- Miles Run: 115 (56 on week one, 59 on week two)
- Days Run: 13 of 15 total days off
- Miles Riding: 0 (I planned to ride once, but didn’t make it (rested instead) Since I prefer to ride early in the AM when traffic is low, I focused on running…)
- Races: Two half marathons – Brazen New Year’s Eve (Almost) and Brazen New Years Day. Race reports coming this week.
- Weight: Started and ended the two weeks at the same weight! BOOYAH! (oh, and I had pancakes a total of 8 times – yummo!)
If you are also just going back to work, school, or just a “non-vaca” mode tomorrow…take’r slow and ease back into the busy life!