Archives For Photos
On this morning’s run, I wore a beta version of the new Forward Looking Turkey Radar goggles they’re developing at work.
Training Journal – 11/29/13:
- Current plan: ZRQL Marathon Training Plan – Taper Week 1 of 3
- Today’s session: 8/5 RuBi
- Comments: Since this week’s training was shifted by a day and with my faster-than-normal pacing on yesterday’s Turkey Trot, I decided to do a recovery run instead of a run/bike. I did an out and back from my house up into Alum Rock Park. It was a peaceful run. I did 9.6 miles @ a 9:14 avg pace, avg cadence 87 & a run time of 1:28:31. [Strava]
Car wash soap hues [whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa]
Have a great weekend everybody!
Training Journal – 8/30/13:
- Current plan: Mix of running and cycling
- Today’s session: 60 Minute BRick
- BIKE: 10.53 miles @ 17.8 mph avg, avg cadence 91. TIME: 35:35
- TRANSITION: 3:19 min
- RUN: 4.01 miles @ 7:38 avg pace, avg cadence 97. TIME: 30:40
- TOTALS: Distance: 14.54 miles, Time: 1:09:34
Beautiful morning for a 20-mile, mind-clearing run.
Training Journal – 8/18/13:
- Current plan: Mix of running and biking
- Today’s session: 3-Hour Long Run
- Comments: I did 20 miles @ 9:27 avg pace for a total time of 3:09:11
- Weekly mileage: Running: 33.64 / Bicycling: 42.19
When I got to Boccardo Peak on my run yesterday (elev. 1896′), I used an app called 360 Panaorama to capture a 360 shot.
Click the photo to check out the interactive version.
Training Journal – 4/1/13:
- Current plan: Big Sur Marathon Training Plan – W15D1
- Today’s session: 7 mile easy run @ 8:27-9:28 pace
- Comments: I did 7.26 @ 8:19
Palmer House, Chicago
Training Journal – 1/8/13:
- Current plan: Big Sur Marathon Training Plan – W3/D2
- Today’s session: 4 mile easy run @ 8:37-9:37 pace
- Comments: I did 6.04 @ 8:17. I actually saw two foxes on my run along the Lakeshore Trail, just before the Shedd Aquarium. Pretty cool for running in the city!
Training Journal – 12/27/12:
- Current plan: Big Sur Marathon Training Plan – W1/D4
- Today’s session: 3 mile easy run @ 8:37-9:37 pace + day one of carb loading for a half marathon on Saturday.
- Comments: I looked at today’s forecast before going to bed last night and decided that it would be too hard to pass up heading up to Alum Rock Park this morning: clear and cool would make for a perfect trail run. I avoided the North Rim Trail though (based on Sunday’s run) and did the Creek and South Rim Trails for 6.95 @ 9:51
I did my run this morning up in Alum Rock Park…ahead of the showers…and didn’t see anyone until the end. It was so peaceful.
Quite a Time:
Training Journal – 12/23/12:
- Current plan: Bay Trail Marathon Training Plan – Recovery Week
- Today’s session: 6 mile long run @ 8:39 – 9:59 pace
- Comments: I did 7.4 up in to Alum Rock Park @ an 11:46 pace. Pace was no doubt the victim of a soggy, sluggish, and almost impassable 3/4-mile section of the North Rim Trail. When you see deer tracks that are sunk in the mud and/or slipping all over the place, you know it’s going to be “fun!”
Weekly mileage: 12/17-23/12:
- Running: 21.36
- Bicycling: 31.83
- Total: 53.19 (Probably not what a “recovery week” is suppose to look like, but I felt good.)